AccountingWEB’s 2018 Editorial Calendar
While the festive cheer (and self assessment season) continues to ramp up in December, AccountingWEB’s editors have been busy preparing the site’s editorial calendar for 2018.
While our key aim on the site has been (and always will be) to produce content that helps accountants do their jobs better, we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver this, from expert technical analysis and breaking news through to live webcasts, podcasts and other rich media formats.
To help deliver this, the editorial team has devised content plans for the key people who make up the AccountingWEB community. For the year ahead we’ve broken down by month the following topics:
- Self assessment: rejections and calculation issues and a practitioner’s guide to surviving SA season
- Making Tax Digital: What to expect in a critical year for the project
- PSD2 goes live: what impact will January’s Open Banking directive have on the accounting and finance space?
- Self assessment: Getting your bills out and what would you do differently?
- Strategic planning, retirement planning and succession planning
- Business banking spotlight: how do businesses choose between banks?
- Practice tools
- Spring Statement: coverage of the Chancellor’s new fiscal event
- Year-end: planning and business reviews and end-of-tax-year PAYE issues
- Where’s the Budget? Traditional firms have built their client communications strategy around a March Budget. How are practitioners changing their plans?
- The API economy: what is it and how will it affect accountancy?
- Employment law update
- Cash and cash flow management
- New rules on termination payments and contractors' loan charges take effect
- Accounts production software buyer's guide
- Expenses and benefits (including P11D update)
- VAT update
- Referral management
- Cloud accounting engines
- Second wave of cloud adoption: so you’ve done cloud – now what?
- KPI focus
- MTD transition planning
- FRS 105 transition spotlight
- FD and practice skills
- Recruitment: attract your ideal candidate
- Finance Bill 2019 published
- First look at MTD for VAT tools
- Accounting Excellence nominee spotlight
- Retraining staff
- Salary, review and bonus benchmarking
- Time management
- Mid-market accounts buyer's guide
- Workflow management
- Expense management
- Forecasting, planning and analysis buyer's guide
- Budgeting and planning: Finance director spotlight
- Employment law update
- Property tax
- Tax software buyer's guide
- Budget 2018
- Practice Excellence case studies
- Software reviews: MTD for VAT tools
- Open Banking round-up
- Finance Bill draft clauses
- Community awards and end of year review
- Countdown to self assessment
If you're an accountant or vendor with something to contribute to the editorial team on any of these areas, get in touch via the 'contact us' page.