2018 Review and What is Coming in 2019!
In the year that saw 50 million UK/US residents watch Megan and Harry say, “I do” and KFC run out of chicken, we had a few memorable moments of our own, so we have taken this opportunity to reminisce as well as give you a sneak peek as to what you can expect from AccountancyManager in 2019.
Staff and Premises.
Due to the success of our launch in the previous year, it was imperative that one of our main goals for 2018 was growing the AccountancyManager team. By May, we had outgrown our second office and June saw us moving into our newly renovated premises in Warwick. The extra space enabled us to further increase our sales, support and development teams in preparation for the growth we look forward to seeing in 2019.
2018 saw us nominated for both the Software Innovation of the Year and Best Practice Management Software & CRM Awards at the Software Excellence Awards in September.
In November, we were nominated for Best Practice Management Software & CRM at the LUCA Awards, or as some may know it the “Oscars of the bookkeeping world”. James Byrne beamed with pride as he accepted the exclusive statuette of Luca Pacioli after we were announced the winner of another member-selected award.
Throughout the year we were busy making numerous improvements along with adding new features or settings on the back of the valued feedback we receive from our clients. Some of our highlight releases include:
• Tax Payment Reminders – Enable AM to remind your clients on specified days about paying their tax payments.
• Custom Automation – As a follow-up to our “Custom Services” you can now set deadlines for these custom services, allowing them to populate in your task list.
• Custom Fields – Our vision is to provide a fully customisable system. This feature allows you to add or remove fields within the client page.
• HMRC 64-8 Integration – Send 64-8 requests direct to HRMC from AM to send your clients their authorisation codes.
• Concurrent SMS – Send automated SMS messages along with your automated emails.
• Bookkeeping Automation – Following on from our current automation features, you can chase records for bookkeeping.
To be released this January.
After a few minor setbacks last year, our development team got their heads down and have pushed through some exciting and much-anticipated features for testing. Excitingly, these are now in their final stages and will be released later this month.
• Xero Integration – Automatically syncs client data
• Custom Forms – Allows you to send checklists or data forms to clients through the client portal to gather information
• Workflow – Create custom workflows (advanced breakdowns) for your tasks
• WIP Import and Export – Import and export current and historical WIP
Steaming ahead we have planned out some key developments that we are looking to complete during 2019.
• FreeAgent Integration
• QuickBooks Integration
• Time & Fees Improved Reporting
• Star Specific Tasks to Appear at Top of Task Page
• Additional Onboarding Features (Fees/Proposals)
• Email Inbox (+tagging)
• Upload Documents in Bulk
• Additional Tax Payment Reminders
• Zapier Integration
• Enhanced HMRC Integration
• GoCardless Integration
• Enhanced Companies House Integration
We have now released the official AccountancyManager Blog! Here are a couple of articles posted this month:
• Automating your accountancy practice (fed up of long hours and late nights?)
• Saving time in Your Accountancy
• Avoid the January Tax Return Chaos – Automate Your Requests and Reminders to Ease Your Workload
We thank you for all your support in 2018 and wish you a Happy (and profitable) New Year.