5 fascinating facts about employee's feelings towards their workplace pension
Researchers recently questioned over 1,200 employees in the UK about their feelings towards their workplace pension. The results undoubtedly revealed some very intriguing statistics. Employers in particular can use the results to obtain a more in depth insight into their employees views on auto enrolment.
The results show:
- 19% of younger employees would rather use the money to save for a mortgage than increase their pension savings.
- 39% of employees stated saving more into their pension scheme wasn’t affordable with the cost of day-to-day living.
- 21% of employees say that they have other financial priorities, such as saving to go on holiday or buying a new car that has stopped them paying more into their pension.
- 15 years was the amount of time that those questioned underestimated their average life expectancy by.
- 41% of over 55 year olds think people should start taking a more active interest in their pension before age 22.
Written By Cailín Reilly | BrightPay Payroll Software.
- GDPR - What businesses need to know.
- Payroll software should work with any Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Nannies & Carers: How does Auto Enrolment affect me?