Anti-money laundering update – Training course for Lifecycle members
The events will take place at seven venues across the UK and will be delivered by corporate, legal and AML compliance expert Steve O’Neill, from our partner BTC.
The sessions will highlight the impact of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and provide an overview of some of the more recent developments that will take place with the introduction of the new legislation that is due to come into effect on 26 June 2017.
The seminar will look at the proposed changes in respect of:
- How the Persons of Significant Control registers are to be brought into line with the 4th Directive
- Changes affecting risk policies and procedures and periods of record keeping
- Legislation relating to failure to prevent tax evasion and facilitating tax avoidance
- The Criminal Finance Bill
- The new stance on professional ethics regarding tax avoidance schemes
- Changes to PoCA and the suspicious activity reporting regime and what is suspicious activity?
- Proposed changes to the supervisory regime for professionals
Training timings and what you’ll take away
Anti-Money Laundering Update sessions will be undertaken as both breakfast and afternoon events - in Preston, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham and London - and refreshments will be provided beforehand.
Each will qualify for 1.5 hours of CPD and offer delegates the opportunity to network and discuss issues raised during the seminars with Steve and members of the Lifecycle team.
To reserve a place at your nearest event please click here - you’ll be added to the Lifecycle network in order to secure your place and to ensure you don’t miss out on future events.
CATCH UP ON PREVIOUS SESSIONS
We have posted one hour webinar versions of previous seminars on the Lifecycle website:
- Tax Avoidance Schemes - One year on from the EBT Settlement Opportunity
- Autumn Tax Update presented by Park Seminars
- Spring Accounting Update presented by Park Seminars
These are only available to members so please click here to register for free then visit the Training & Events section in the members’ area of the website to access these informative sessions.
The Lifecycle network
Lifecycle is free to join and also offers members many additional benefits. These include eligibility for a highly competitive Professional Indemnity insurance scheme, a regular programme of free training and education and discounts on products and services relevant to their business and clients’ needs.
Services offered by Lifecycle include: Company secretarial and formation; equity finance for SMEs; debt advisory for SMEs; personal debt advice; corporate restructuring, insolvency and cessation; debt finance for SMEs; cashflow maximisation; property solutions and legal services.