Free Template for Customer Onboarding Process
Potentially the most important process in your practice? Ensuring you get the customer onboarding process right means a successful and durable relationship with client and could easily lead to more services.
If you need to understand how to transition your customer from their accounts system to yours without issue then there are a few things to consider. They will be changing how the data is stored, how it is accessed and how they update and report on it. It is key that you understand the fully the process that is undertaken and ensure it’s simple for your customer from the start.
Follow these tips to success.
- Take the time to gain clarity with the client. Make sure you know the process the client currently undertakes and then you’ll know what information you need to collect. Collecting requirements straightaway means you can be clear about how long the onboarding will take and who you need to be involved.
- Agree who does what in the process and make sure you have the right contact information on both sides of the relationship.
- Make sure a test run takes place once you have set up to check that the new systems are producing the same outcomes as the current system the client uses. Plus ensure you get the customer to sign off on this stage.
- Take the time to train your customers. They must understand how the new system works and all their team needs to be onboard. Make sure you have allocated the time to be there to answer questions and be around to help when needed.
- Once the service has been running for a month then make sure that you get the client to sign off that they are happy to move to business as usual. This is a chance for you to see what support, if any, they need going forward.
If you need some help in mapping out the customer onboarding process then take a look at our free template. You can adapt it to your own systems and needs but it's a simple way for you and your practice to create the ideal onboarding experience for your customers.
Skore is the Process Improvement Software Platform designed to be used and understood by anyone in your practice. Build an agile and resilient practice through the power of process.
You might also be interested in
Skore is the process improvement software that allows Accountants to map, analyse, improve and manage business processes easily. If you are looking to optimise client services, increase customer satisfaction, and continuously improve the way you work then Skore is the platform for you.
It enables Accountants to deliver profitable business...