LucaNet new product updates comes with lots of new features
Our path is our true destination: With this in mind, we have done everything we can this year to further develop the LucaNet software in the interests of our customers and ensure it will be successful in the future. We have always focused our efforts on making financial reporting easier to meet your needs.
The result is the latest long-term support release, i.e. the current, major LucaNet version with all cumulative features from the LucaNet release train. This year, it is released under a new name as LucaNet 22 LTS to create more transparency for everyone. In the future, the LTS will thus always be named after the subsequent year following its release, as it is installed and used by the vast majority of our customers in that year.
With the release of LucaNet 22 LTS, you can look forward to the following highlights:
- LucaNet.Web Client – the front end of the future
- An easier means of external authentication via MS Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) or SAML 2.0
- Consolidation 2 Next Generation as a new consolidation option
- Significant performance improvement in database optimisation
- Simultaneous work in reporting units of LucaNet.Group Report
- More convenient data import into reporting units
- Performance enhancement in the Script Designer
LucaNet.Web Client – the front end of the future
LucaNet.Web Client allows you to access your financial data quickly and easily. As a new LucaNet product, it is the first major milestone in the further development of LucaNet into a pure SaaS solution and the technological foundation for completely new functionalities. With LucaNet 22 LTS you can flexibly access your financial data from a PC, iPad or Android tablet without having to perform a separate installation.
In the first product version you can only use LucaNet.Web Client for the visualisation and analysis of your financial data. Successively, LucaNet.Web Client will undergo extensive functional enhancements.
Some highlight features of LucaNet.Web Client:
- Intuitive, modern user interface, simple user guidance
- Available always and everywhere, without any separate installation
- Read access to all general ledgers, subledgers, schedules, and statistical ledgers from the Reporting and analysing workspace
- All numbers can be visualised with a click of the mouse in the form of different types of diagrams.
An easier means of external authentication via MS Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) or SAML 2.0
LucaNet now supports external authentication via:
- MS Azure Active Directory (Azure AD): Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is Microsoft’s cloud-based, centralised identity and access management service.
- SAML 2.0 (Security Assertion Markup Language): SAML 2.0 is an authentication method that is set up through an identity and access management service, such as Octa.
- This means the authentication of a user no longer has to take place within the LucaNet software but can be performed via the central SAML 2.0 instance in the company.
With the authentication via MS Azure or SAML 2.0, the following actions can be performed outside the LucaNet software:
- Activating additional authentication features such as 2-factor authentication
- Authentication via the browser. Re-entering credentials is not required if the user:
- is already logged in to Microsoft and MS Azure AD is configured
- logged in through the identity and access management service and SAML 2.0 is configured
- Change passwords
- Deactivating a user (e.g. after an employee has left the company)
- Additional options, improvements or bug fixes are carried out directly online by Microsoft or the respective identity and access management service (e.g. Okta).
With the possibility of external authentication with MS Azure or SAML 2.0, users of a LucaNet.Financial Client are automatically logged in to a database in LucaNet.Financial OLAP Server. The user name and password no longer need to be entered.
Consolidation 2 Next Generation as a new consolidation option
With LucaNet 22 LTS, a brand new option for the consolidation is available: Consolidation 2 Next Generation! This consolidation capability, which is part of the LucaNet.Financial Consolidation licensing module, is done using consolidation apps.
In addition to the already familiar features, the new apps for Consolidation 2 Next Generation offer a number of benefits, including:
- The use of new technologies significantly improves the performance when executing the apps.
- Easier operation, e.g. an automatic check is performed before an app is executed to see if there are any audit trails that prohibit the deletion and saving of postings.
- With LucaNet 22 LTS, the following apps are available for the time being:
- Elimination of intercompany income and expense
- Elimination of intercompany profit and loss in current assets
- Consolidation of debit/credit shifts
- App for elimination of income from investments
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, there are further enhancements for each app, e.g.:
- The app for the elimination of intercompany income and expense offers the option to drill down to the account sheet in the report.
- The app for consolidation of debit/credit shifts can now also be used at account level.
- The app for the elimination of intercompany profit or loss in current assets can now also transfer the parameters from a statistical ledger.
Significant performance improvement in database optimisation
As of LucaNet 22 LTS, you have the option to run your database optimisation as a separate job in LucaNet.Server Administrator making it significantly faster. Database optimisation, which mainly involves cleaning up temporary files and usually has to be performed every 24 hours, could previously only be performed as part of the job Restart the server. However, the execution of this job sometimes interrupts productive work in a database for a longer period of time, since the database has to be exported and imported again – this is a problem, especially if the database is used around the clock. The job Perform database optimisation eliminates the need for export and import, so that the interruption time – depending on the size and number of databases – can be reduced by up to 60%.
Simultaneous work in reporting units of LucaNet.Group Report
With LucaNet 22 LTS, working in reporting units is much easier, since an unlimited number of users can now simultaneously edit data in a reporting unit.
With the parallel editing option, users can now simultaneously edit data manually or via data import.
More convenient data import into reporting units
With LucaNet 22 LTS, data can be entered into a reporting unit of LucaNet.Group Report directly from the Edit data dialog.
Performance enhancement in the Script Designer
In LucaNet 22 LTS, it is now possible to retain the primary key information when copying SQL database tables. In certain situations, such as the reorganisation of an IFRS 16 database, this leads to a significant increase in the performance of database operations.
Have we sparked your interest in our LucaNet FPM solution?
If you are looking for FPM software and would like to get to know our solutions in more detail, please take a look at our website for our software for financial performance management. Our team will also be happy to personally introduce you to all our solutions relating to financial planning, consolidation, reporting and analysis.