New Innovate UK Smart Grant Launches in 3 weeks
Smart is the new name for Innovate UK’s ‘Open grant funding’ programme.
Innovate UK will invest up to £25 million in the best game-changing or disruptive ideas with a view to commercialisation.
Applications can come from any area of technology (including arts, design, media or creative industries), science or engineering and be applied to any part of the economy.
In order to be eligible, your project must meet the following criteria as described by Innovate UK here.
This competition provides funding for innovation research and development (R&D) from feasibility (including market research), through to technology or prototype testing and development stages up to (but not including) commercialisation.
Proposals must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing and/or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- an idea that is significantly ahead of others in the field, set for rapid commercialisation
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- a team, business arrangement or working structure with the necessary skills and experience to run and complete the project successfully and on time
- awareness of all the main risks the project will face (including contractor or equipment failure, recruitment delays and so on) with realistic management, mitigation and impact minimisation plans for each
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money, which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- clear, considerable potential to significantly impact the UK economy and/or productivity in a positive way.
- Competition opens: Thursday 25 July 2019
- 2 August 2019 - Online briefing event
- Competition closes: Wednesday 16 October 2019, 12:00pm
- Applicants notified: Friday 10 January 2020
Interested in applying? Myriad Associates can help.
- Win Rate - Myriad Associates’ boast a 70% success rate with Innovate UK applications.
- Winning Application - We just helped one of our clients win funding from the February 2019 Smart Grant from Innovate UK. So we know what it takes to produce a winning application.
- Honest & Trustworthy – We will not waste your time or money. If we feel your application won't succeed, we will tell you before we undertake the application process.
- Maximised Application - Benefiting from our expert grant writers will ensure your claim is maximised.
- Risk-free Eligibility Call – Call us for a free eligibility call to see if you have an application worth applying for.
For more information on this grant, please visit https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/389/overview