Start Planning Now to Implement New Technology: observe processes, identify repetitive tasks and prepare for automation
Start Planning Now to Implement New Technology
Now is the best time to start planning a technology implementation strategy. When the firm is at its busiest provides the perfect opportunity to:
- Observe your processes
- Discover places where technology can increase efficiency
- Start planning to implement those tools
The pace of technology change in the accounting industry continues to accelerate in 2020. Now’s the time to determine your technology implementation strategy.
Processes to Observe
Prior to adopting any new technology, it is important to understand your current processes, to ensure planned changes will take the firm forward. Here are some areas to observe:
- Client data requests: How are staff coordinating data requests with clients? Do team members search through multiple email messages to find information? How do these processes affect client satisfaction?
- Remote access: How often are staff accessing information when working outside of the office? Do teams always have up to date information? What software tools is in place to achieve currency and security?
- Automation: Could repetitive tasks be automated to create more time for addressing client needs?
Digital Document Management Solutions
Document Logistix provides solutions that help firms to maximise efficiency and improve client service. Document Manager is a centralised, secure information hub for data capture, storage and retrieval, with automated workflows that include checkpoint alerts. Capture formats include scanned and indexed paper documents; emails, their contents and attachments; and any electronic files, including audio and photographs.
Document Manager has won awards for its process management capabilities and security. User feedback is super positive. Users quickly become familiar and comfortable with the system, and it's not long before they are able to explore the power of the built-in drag 'n' drop workflow designer and explore new efficiencies through its machine learning capabilities.
Document Manager is also ideal for firms with remote team members, with secure, auditable remote access. Plus, the system increases collaboration among your team by enabling real time access to information.
Repetitive procedures can be automated to include predefined workflows based on financial periods and filing deadlines. Automated workflows save a significant amount of set up time.
Getting Started with a Technology Implementation Strategy
Investing time now to understand your firm’s current processes will highlight opportunities where technology can help, and is a key part of any technology implementation strategy. .