These flaws in client filing cost you thousands. Here’s how to fix them.
Changing the way you communicate with clients gets huge efficiency gains.
You probably think the way you send information to clients is efficient – right?
After all, you’re using Outlook and Ms-Word – modern software.
What’s wrong with that?
Quite a lot!
It’s likely you’re using a three stage process which puts the output first:
- Create the output
- Find the client file/folder
- File the Output
This is inefficient because:
- Every sent email creates a filing problem, because emails should be filed in the client file, right? After all, you should keep a complete record of client communications.
10 users dealing with 50 emails daily creates over 100,000 filing problems p.a.
- You have to type client data into the email, starting with the subject.
- You have to either type the recipient’s email address or use the predictive dropdown to select them – how often is the wrong one selected by mistake? Oops.
- If you find an email from the client and replying then the subject is wrong.
- If you didn’t file the email centrally, only you know you sent it – not ideal for teamwork and customer service!
- Ms-Word documents have to be manually filed and named.
- If you need to send a letter as a PDF attachment, it has to be converted.
- If you “clone” Ms-Word documents (open a previous one and save as a new one) you risk clicking “save” instead of “save as” overwriting the original. Oops.
- You need to type client data like account numbers into the output.
This typical approach requires too much typing, lots of filing, risk of losing data or sending to the wrong recipient.
The Logical Office way is a streamlined two stage process avoiding these problems:
- Find the client file/folder
- Create the output without filing
Sending direct from the client file makes client data available for merge codes to insert it into documents and emails without typing.
There is no filing at all. No typing file names. No navigating windows folders.
Using templates cuts down or eliminates typing.
NO FILING AND NO TYPING = MASSIVE TIME SAVINGS
The Logical Office CLIENT DASHBOARD makes it easy and shows:
- the up-to-date filing history – avoids mistakes
- the financial position – are they in arrears?
- the correct up-to-date address data
- notes about the client – no need to search
The Dashboard records time, creates actions, records notes, shows companies house data or the client’s web site, makes telephone calls, raises invoices in XERO/SAGE/QuickBooks or Logical Office, runs Workflows, shows client history and displays scheduled work.
Logical Office takes things a step further by automating work using Workflows.
Workflows not only write and send letters, they convert them to PDFs sent as email attachments, or upload them to a client portal for e-signing.
To see how Logical Office streamlines your busy operation click to:
You might also be interested in
Logical Office replaces manual effort and streamlines client service.