Dunkley’s are a dab hand when it comes to Accounting Excellence – a 2017 winner, we asked Marketing Manager Nicole Crompton what it meant to be named a finalist for the third year in a row!
Congratulations Nicole! What does it mean to you to be one of the Accounting Excellence Top 5 firms in both Medium Firm of the Year and the Client Service Award categories this year?
Dunkley’s are a dedicated, passionate and forward-thinking accountancy practice who aim to add value to our clients by working with them to provide the best possible solution. All of this, however, wouldn’t be possible without the hard-working team we have supporting us each day. Everyone within Dunkley’s knows from the enjoyment that we all share in servicing our clients and the results achieved that we are winners. However, being recognised by Accounting Excellence as the Top 5 firms in both the Medium Firm of the Year and the Client Service Award categories is a wonderful testament to everybody’s achievements.
What achievement in the last year are you most proud of?
There are a number of achievements we are proud of:
- Our partnership development and relationship building with local banks including Handelsbanken and Inspire, one of our strategic partners.
- Achieving our MTD ready status with both Xero and QuickBooks highlighting our expertise.
- Winning the ‘Marketing Innovation of the Year’ award at the inaugural IRIS customer awards showcasing a different string to their bow and highlighting our unique approach to marketing, customer conversion and retention.
Our main achievement comes as a result of all the above, our increased referral rates and client retention. Throughout 2018/19 Dunkley’s received 116 referrals equating to £233,791.66 of new business (68% of referrals were from existing clients). When compared to 2017/18, referral numbers increased by 56.8% and new business value by 74.9%.
What are you going to be focusing on in the next 12 months?
In 2019, Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants overarching strategy is to grow the business with regards to the top and bottom line. To be able to achieve this, the following objectives have been set:
- Building relationships with large ‘value’ clients who require more than just compliance services with the aim of conversion
- Generate more referrals through people who know Dunkley’s by reputation or expertise
- Increase Dunkley’s ‘expert’ visibility within the industry and professional networks
- Make existing clients more aware of the services we offer
- Increase the visibility of Dunkley’s brand throughout the South West
What would be your top tip/tips for firms aspiring to achieve excellence in the profession?
- Keep your clients happy by providing a personalised, friendly yet professional service.
- Continue to develop your service offering to give clients a variety and the option to add to the suite of service you provide to them.
- Focus on keeping your staff happy as they are the key to service delivery. We would recommend emphasising teamwork, encouraging and rewarding excellence, providing training opportunities and organising social events for everyone to unwind in an informal setting.
About Richard Hattersley
Richard is AccountingWEB's Practice Editor. If you have any comments or suggestions for us get in touch.