Imagine if someone gave you a magic key that could improve the profitability of your firm, while reducing your stress levels.
While unfortunately no such magic exists, director of Mercia's training division John Sharkey laid down 10 commandments to follow that could see you on your way to achieving the above.
Speaking at the UK 200 conference in Newcastle last week, Sharkey said: “It will be an increasing challenge to improve profit in coming years. We need to ensure we do whatever we can to keep our earnings at an acceptable level."
His tips for accountants were basic but powerful, illustrated by ten individual bags that held stress relief items:
- Thou shalt lead
- Thou shalt know thy destination and thy path
- Thou shalt unlock thy potential
- Thou shalt know thy value
- Thou shalt be flexible
- Thou shalt not try to be all things to all people
- Thou shalt learn to say no and stick to it
- Thou shalt schedule time for thyself and thy supportive network
- Thou shalt not be perfect nor even try to be
- Thou shalt challenge
Register with AccountingWEB for free to read the full article.
About Rachael Power
Your friendly, neighbourhood community editor.