The introduction of the Academies Act 2010 has seen a significant increase in the number of schools opting out of local authority control and converting to academy status, explains Steve Collings.
Many firms are now involved with the audit and accounts preparation of such academies and for those that do act for academies, there have been some updates that practitioners need to be aware of.
Register with AccountingWEB for free to read the rest of the article, which includes:
- Young People’s Learning Agency (YPLA)
- Whole of Government Accounts 2011-12
- Budget forecast
- Land and buildings valuation
- Counter party balances return
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) valuations
- Further deadlines
About Steve Collings
Steve Collings, FMAAT FCCA is the audit and technical partner at Leavitt Walmsley Associates Ltd where Steve trained and qualified.