Newth Talks Tax - Tax writer of the year John Newth solves your tax questions

Kashflow logo
Share this content

**For more of John Newth's exclusive contributions, visit the Newthwire archive***

Employed Not self employed

John Henderson posed a very topical query on 7 September. His client was likely to be reclassified as an employee. If so, the employer will presumably be charged the PAYE and NIC that will be due. The client has meanwhile paid tax and NIC on a self-employed basis. Does he then have to submit an amended tax return to reflect the change of status, and would he then be able to reclaim the tax and Class II and Class IV NIC that he has paid?

There were some good replies to this query, highlighting the change in procedures since the Demibourne case. David Geldard stressed that, since that case decision, HMRC have standardi...

Please Login or Register to read the full article

The full article is available to registered members only. To read the rest of this article you’ll need to login or register. Registration is FREE and allows you to view all content, ask questions, comment and much more.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.