Tax with Tallon: Topical tax PPR and civil partners

Kashflow logo
Share this content

Paula Tallon, director of direct tax with Chiltern, responds to accountants' queries.


I have acted for my client for the last 10 years and during that time he has resided at Wells House. Last year he entered into a civil partnership with Martin and shortly afterwards he transferred a 50% stake in the property to him. Martin had lived with him for 2 years before that. They are now looking at selling the property but I am concerned that Principal Private Residence (PPR) relief may not be available. Under s 58 TCGA 1992 the transfer was at no gain/no loss but what about the PPR relief? Will the capital gain made on the disposal of Martins interest in the property qualify for PPR? Should I ad...

Please Login or Register to read the full article

The full article is available to registered members only. To read the rest of this article you’ll need to login or register. Registration is FREE and allows you to view all content, ask questions, comment and much more.

About AccountingWEB


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.