In this week’s No Accounting for Taste podcast, we ask when is a van actually a company car? What’s happening at Uber? And how do you cope with people? Plus we have the usual headlines and news, which this week includes a naughty celebrity accountant.
It’s like an episode of Top Gear this week, as accounting petrol heads have stories on just why it is so fiddly to tell a car from a van and with so much money sloshing around fintech at the moment, we also look at what’s happening with ride-hailing app Uber.
Host Richard Hattersley is joined in the AccountingWEB pod studio this week by John Stokdyk, Rebecca Cave and Francois Badenhorst.
Headlines and discussion points
- KPMG slammed over Patisserie Valerie conflict
- MTD for VAT: Supplier statements now acceptable
- Accountant jailed for £3m fraud involving Rita Ora
- When is a van actually a company car?
- Uber’s IPO can’t hide the company’s failings
- Any Answers: Tolerating people
Sign up to the 23 May webcast: The Automated Practice – how technology can serve your firm?
About Accounting WEB
Contributions from the AccountingWEB.co.uk editorial team.