Content seriesView full content series
On Compliance podcast: Making Tax Digital pilot takes offby
After months of waiting, the Making Tax Digital for VAT pilot has finally opened to half a million business. In the podcast we'll be looking at the latest developments and deferments, and asking what it means in practice for accountants.
Joining host Tom Herbert this month are tax writer and AccountingWEB consulting tax editor Rebecca Cave, and Mark Purdue, product manager, tax products for Thomson Reuters, who will tackle the following questions:
- With the public pilot now open to half a million businesses, should accountants and their clients sign up? And if they wish to do so, how should they do it?
- What are the latest deferments announced by HMRC, and which organisations are affected?
- When will HMRC's publicity campaign start in earnest?
- What progress have we seen on software? And will HMRC look to expand or segment their current list of providers?
- What is the soft landing, how will it work in practice and how long will it last?
- Plus: Mark's mailbag - what are Thomson Reuters' clients asking this month about Making Tax Digital?
To listen to the show click the play icon in the box below or at the top of this article, visit our Soundcloud page or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.