Temp authorisations for compliance checks

Kashflow logo
Share this content

To cater for situations where an accountant has been called in to assist a client with one of HMRC's new style compliance checks, the department has published a guide which explains how to set up a temporary authorisation.

At the start of a compliance check, HMRC will send a letter to the taxpayer to tell them that they have started a check.

If the business has already formally authorised an adviser to deal with HMRC, HMRC will also write to the adviser to let them know that they have started a compliance check. The amount of information that HMRC gives to the adviser in the letter will depend on which taxes the adviser is authorised to deal with.

If an authorised adviser deals with all the matters that are being checked, HMRC will sen...

Please Login or Register to read the full article

The full article is available to registered AccountingWEB.co.uk members only. To read the rest of this article you’ll need to login or register. Registration is FREE and allows you to view all content, ask questions, comment and much more.

About Nick Huber

Nick Huber profile image

I’m a specialist business journalist and have a particular interest in tax and technology. 


Please login or register to join the discussion.

13th Sep 2012 12:38

"case owner"

Please explain. Who is the case owner?

Thanks (0)