Once again Rebecca Benneyworth is on hand during self assessment season to advise accountants in the online Sage Taxation SA surgery. To accompany her free advisory work there, she has also put together this guide for the wider AccountingWEB members.
Register for free and log in to AccountingWEB.co.uk to read the full article, which covers:
- HMRC guidance
- Student loans
- Correcting past mistakes
- Service downtime / unresolved issues
- Coding out liabilities and payment generally
- Filed late last year?
- Client not registered?
- Class 4 and brought forward losses
- Multiple sources and class 4
- Child benefit
- AIA increase
Or follow these links for more self assessment help:
- Sage Taxation online SA surgery with Rebecca Benneyworth
- Self assessment page News, advice and Any Answers
- Self assessment help from TolleyGuidance
- Top 10 SA questions answered by TaxCalc
- BTC SA Solution Private user area and FAQ page
- CCH Tax advice line and CCH Online reference library (£1,145 for single user licence)
- Digita support portal
- Drummohr customer support page and Searchable Knowledge Base
- Forbes personal tax user manual
- IRIS Knowledge Base (registered users only)
- Keytime support portal
- PTP January tax resources and Knowledgebase
- QMS SA2000 FAQ page - not many specifics about 2008-09 filing issues
- Sage Taxation Resources
- TaxCalc 2012 FAQ page
Rebecca trained in London with Kidsons and, on qualifying, spent some time as Chief Accountant of a manufacturing company. She now has her own small practice in Gloucestershire that comprises of owner managed businesses and small companies.
She also lectures extensively for a range of professional bodies, accountancy firms, commercial organisations and the Inland Revenue. Demand has grown for Rebecca on the lecture circuit where she is well known for her refreshing, enthusiastic and entertaining presentation style as well as having a practical and down-to-earth approach to tax.