CIPP guide to RTI: Overview part two

Kashflow logo
Helen Hargreaves
Senior Policy & Research Officer
Share this content

In February, as I concluded part one of this article, I promised I would look at how to amend information you have already submitted to HMRC, so that is where I will start, explains Helen Hargreaves.

If you need to amend a return you made in a previous tax year, how you do this depends on whether the original return was made using forms P35 and P14, or submitted in real time using a Full Payment Submission (FPS) or Employer Payment Summary (EPS).

Correcting information submitted on forms P35 and P14

As is the case now...

Register with AccountingWEB for free to read the rest of the article, which includes:

  • Correcting an FPS submitted in the previous tax year
  • Earlier Year Update (EYU)
  • Using the right tax code for new employees
  • Contacting HMRC after RTI goes live

Please Login or Register to read the full article

The full article is available to registered members only. To read the rest of this article you’ll need to login or register. Registration is FREE and allows you to view all content, ask questions, comment and much more.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Kazmc
04th Apr 2013 12:04


unless of course you use SAGE as they have not written into their systems the option to submit a revised FPS or the EYU facility!! We have been told all adjustments must be done via the Government Gateway. Very helpful

Thanks (0)