The No Accounting for Taste team hit the road again, this time to broadcast live from Accountex 2018 in London’s docklands.
This week the pod squad discussed the government’s IR35 consultation for the private sector, assessed IRIS’s acquisition of Taxfiler, caught up with Dominic Allon from QuickBooks to find out what the big brands get from events such as Accountex, and held a lens to the issue of equality in accountancy.
Joining the pod team this week was Elaine Clark, MD director of cheap accounting and founder of women in accountancy and Bobby Chadha, senior manager at Propel by Deloitte, along with pod regulars Richard Hattersley and Tom Herbert.
Enjoy the podcast, and if you’d like more information on the topics discussed here are the links:
- IRIS buys Taxfiler to fill cloud void
- Big VAT penalty for late annual return
- Random penalty for failure to declare child benefit
- Government rolls out off-payroll private sector consultation
- Take Elaine's Women in Accountancy survey
- Accountex 2018: Latest news
- QuickBooks makes its first MTD for VAT submission
To listen to the show click the play icon in the box below or at the top of this article, visit our Soundcloud page or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
Content seriesView full content series
About Accounting WEB
Contributions from the AccountingWEB.co.uk editorial team.