With the curtain about to fall on another eventful year in accountancy, the podcast team bring 2018's biggest headlines (and a few of their lesser-known favourites) to the end-of-year party.
To listen to the podcast click play in the box above, or to subscribe via your smartphone podcast catcher search for AccountingWEBUK.
If you'd like more information on any of the stories discussed here are the links:
- New law on voluntary tax returns backdated
- Signing up clients to MTD for VAT
- What to buy an accountant for Christmas
- GDPR and the small accounting firm
- Sunburn and burnout: Why accountants just can’t let go of the office
- Accountant confronts clients in profanity-laced outburst
- Big Four fire partners in wake of MeToo movement
- Xero vs QuickBooks: 'It's all about compliance'
- Where is the bridging software to plug the MTD gap?
- The four-day work week: A struggle for more time
- EBITDA: Does it still do the job?
- Ken Dodd has the last laugh with inheritance tax move
- Late accounts excuses revealed: 'Found my wife in the bath with my accountant'
To listen to the show click the play icon in the box below or at the top of this article, visit our Soundcloud page or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
Content seriesView full content series
About Accounting WEB
Contributions from the AccountingWEB.co.uk editorial team.