On the No Accounting for Taste podcast this week, we find out why forecasts are always wrong, take a look at GDPR (was that really one year ago?) and analyse the cloud accounting marketplace as Intuit, Sage and Xero battle for dominance.
Press the play button above or head to our soundcloud page to listen to this week's podcast.
Host Richard Hattersley is joined by Business editor Francois Badenhorst and AccountingWEB’s editor Tom Herbert. AccountingWEB’s head of insight John Stokdyk also stopped by the pod studio to crunch the numbers released by the cloud software giants to determine who truly dominates the market.
Top stories on the site this week
- HMRC trials new PAYE code trigger
- ICAEW reprimands accountant full of excuses
- MTD horror story: Small business makes £19,000 of VAT errors
Articles discussed in the podcast
- Any Answers thread on whether bank holiday is a time for relaxing or catching up with work
- John’s story on the cloud accounting war fought on the global stock markets
- Francois on the lessons from YuGroup’s accounting disaster
- Tom’s blog on GDPR mania
Producer: Valme Claro
About Accounting WEB
Contributions from the AccountingWEB.co.uk editorial team.